Zesty Carrot Soup
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a large saucepan heat oil and cook carrots, onion, celery, potatoes, garlic and sugar over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add cloves, pepper and broth and bring soup to a boil.
3. Lowering the heat, cook soup partially covered for 20 minutes until vegetables are soft.
4. Remove cloves and puree soup in batches in blender.
5. Serve cold or after reheating and with desired garnish.