Chicken Soup with Vegetable Threads
|Mustard greens/Spinach||12 Ounce (French Mustard)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Boneless, skinless, whole chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 In Number)|
|Jicama||8 Ounce (1/2 Of A Standard Size)|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Of 4 Limes)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Discard the tough stems of the mustard greens, tear and soak the leaves in water.
2) Slice the carrots lengthwise into strips, peel and cut the jicama into 1 1/2-inch strips.
3) Cut the chicken into 1 1/2-inch strips.
4) In a medium-size saucepan, bring the carrot strips, broth and water to a simmer over a medium heat.
5) Stir the chicken into the broth, then the mustard greens and simmer for 3 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
6) Turn off the heat and stir in the jicama and lime juice.
7) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
8) Laddle into the soup bowls and serve immediately.