Lemon Chicken Soup With Rice
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Long-grain rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts/Boneless, skinless, chicken thighs||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into 1 x 1/4-inch strips|
|Scallions||12 , thinly sliced|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, stemmed and seeded, diced|
|Finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Packed)|
|Lemons||2 , freshly squeezed|
|Grated lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen cut green beans||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water, rice and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil over a high heat.
2) Cover and simmer over a medium heat for 10 minutes until the rice is almost tender.
3) Stir in the lemon zest, juice and chicken, allow to simmer, uncovered, over a medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked through.
4) Stir in the green beans and simmer for another 2 minutes until just cooked through.
5) Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the cilantro, bell pepper and scallions.
6) Ladle the soup into bowls and serve immediately.