Cream Of Vegetable Soup
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cut green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use Either Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Green peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Use Either Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Cauliflower head||1⁄4 Small, separated into flowerets|
|Carrots||2 Small, sliced|
|Potato||1 Medium, cubed|
|Chopped spinach||2 Ounce (Or Cut Up Using About 2 Cups)|
|Spinach||2 Ounce, cut up to make about 2 cups|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In 3-quart saucepan Heat water, beans, peas, cauliflowerets, carrots and potato to boil, reduce heat and with cover simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Add spinach and cook uncovered about 1 minute.
3. Mix 1/4 cup of the milk along with the flour, gradually stir into vegetable mixture and heat to boiling.
4. Boil and stir for 1 minute, then stir in remaining milk, the whipping cream, salt and pepper.
5. Heat just until hot without letting it boil.
6. To serve garnish each serving with snipped dill weed if desired.
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.3 mg7.1%
Sodium 555.8 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 95.5% Vitamin C 50.6%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet