|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Oxtail||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces (1 Large)|
|Celery stalks||3 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Turnip||1 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Onion studded with 4 cloves||1|
|Bouquet garni||1 (Parsley Stalks, Pinch Of Dried Thyme, Small Bay Leaf, Tied In A Cheesecloth Bag)|
|Port wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a heavy skillet melt 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter and brown the oxtail, celery, carrot, and turnip.
2. Add more butter as needed and transfer to a stockpot adding the peppercorns, studded onion, bouquet garni, and water.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer with cover for 4 hours until the meat falls off the bones.
4. Into a clean bowl strain the soup and discard the vegetables.
5. Removing the fat from the meat put the meat in a bowl.
6. Cooling both the broth and the meat, cover and refrigerate until needed.
7. Into a saucepan when ready to serve, put the meat and the broth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Reheat and add the port wine just before serving.
9. Serve hot with a garnish of fresh cream.