Spiced Chili Chicken Soup
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 , cored and chopped into 3/4-inch dice|
|Chicken||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into 2 x 1/4 x 1/2-inch strips (Breasts Or Thighs, Skinless, Boneless)|
|Lime||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (Packed)|
|Flour tortillas/Corn tortillas||8 , toasted lightly or baked|
1) In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water, chili powder, garlic and tomatoes to a boil over a medium-high heat, then simmer covered over a low heat for 10 minutes.
2) In a bowl, drizzle 1/2 lime juice over the chicken strips and season lightly with salt and pepper.
3) Stir the chicken strips to the broth, allow to simmer uncovered over a medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
4) Stir in 1/2 lemon juice and cilantro, then season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Add hot sauce to taste, if desired.
5) Ladle the soup into bowls and serve immediately with the toasted tortillas.
Calories 503 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95 mg31.7%
Sodium 1032.4 mg43%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 35 g70.7%
Vitamin A 35.9% Vitamin C 28.6%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet