Spiced Chili Chicken Soup
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 , cored and chopped into 3/4-inch dice|
|Chicken||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into 2 x 1/4 x 1/2-inch strips (Breasts Or Thighs, Skinless, Boneless)|
|Lime||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (Packed)|
|Flour tortillas/Corn tortillas||8 , toasted lightly or baked|
1) In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water, chili powder, garlic and tomatoes to a boil over a medium-high heat, then simmer covered over a low heat for 10 minutes.
2) In a bowl, drizzle 1/2 lime juice over the chicken strips and season lightly with salt and pepper.
3) Stir the chicken strips to the broth, allow to simmer uncovered over a medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
4) Stir in 1/2 lemon juice and cilantro, then season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Add hot sauce to taste, if desired.
5) Ladle the soup into bowls and serve immediately with the toasted tortillas.