Canned Tomato Soup
|Ripe tomatoes||8 Quart|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a pan boil chopped tomatoes, celery and onions until soft and rub through sieve.
2. Adding the remaining ingredients bring to a boil and let it boil for 3 minutes.
3. While boiling, bottle in sterilized airtight jars.
4. To use, dilute with an equal quantity of milk and reheat without letting it to boil.
5. To serve if desired add garlic, mace or bay leaf.