Creamy Celery And Rice Soup
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely shredded lemon peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Light cream/Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced almonds||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
1) In a 1-quart casserole add chicken broth, celery, lemon peel, and pepper.
2) Cook covered on 100% power (high) for 9 to 11 minutes stirring once.
3) Add light cream or milk and cornstarch.
4) Mix cream mixture and rice into celery mixture.
5) Cook uncovered on high for 2 to 3 minutes stirring each minute till the mixture starts to thicken, then stirring every 30 seconds.
6) Cook on high for 1 minute more.
7) Serve with sprinkle almonds on top.