Seasoned Cream Of Carrot Soup
|Carrots||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||2 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
1. Scrape the carrots to clean and slice them.
2. Trim the tops end and root of the leeks and discard.
3. Lengthwise cut the leeks and wash thoroughly in cold water.
4. Finely shred leeks.
5. In a saucepan, melt the butter.
6. Add the prepared vegetables and gently sautÃ© for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are softened slightly; do not brown.
7. Stir in stock and bring it to a boil.
8. Cover and simmer gently for about 1 1/2 hours until the vegetables are quite tender.
9. Remove the pan from heat.
10. In an electric blender, puree the mixture or press it through a strainer; puree or strain half at a time.
11. Return the soup to the pan, check seasoning; adjust and reheat.
12. Add cream and stir well.
13. Sprinkle parsley just before serving.
14. Serve piping hot.
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.5 mg19.2%
Sodium 561.1 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A 441.4% Vitamin C 47.8%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet