Original Watercress Soup
|Scallions||4 , trimmed and cut into pieces of 2 1/2 cm long|
|Baking potato||250 Gram, peeled|
|Baking potato||250 Gram, peeled and diced (1 In Number)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (750 Milliliter)|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Watercress||175 Gram (2 Bunches)|
|Pepper white||To Taste|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Hot pepper sauce||3 Dash|
|Heavy cream||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
1) In a food processor with metal blade, chop scallions.
2) While machine is running, add potatoes and in slow stream add 1/3 cup of chicken stock. Process until potatoes are pureed.
3) Wash the watercreass and remove, dscard the stems and rinse the leaves.
4) Keep it for drying or pat dry with kitcehn towel.
5) In a heavy-gauge aluminium saucepan, transfer the potato puree with slotted spoon, add remaining chicken stock and milk to the pan and cover it.
6) Simmer the puree for 15 minutes.
7) Again in processor, process the watercreass with hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper until minced, scraping down from the sides of the container with rubber spatula.
8) In the potato puree, add half of cream in slow stream.
9) Add half of puree to watercress mixture, process in blander for 1 minute.
10) Tranfser watercress mixture to an empty bowl and pour the remaining puree to the processor and process for 30 seconds.
11) Add the processed puree in rhe watercress bowl and stir to mix well.
12) Wipe the saucepan with kitchen towel and transfer the whole watercress soup to it.
13) Let the soup covered and simmer until served.
14) Serve the hot soup with drizzle of remaining cream on the top.