Iced Carrot and Orange Soup
|New carrots||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (Scant 1 Liter)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oranges||4 , juice extracted|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Or As Required)|
1. Scrape carrots and cut into thin slices.
2. Peel onion and slice thinly.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter.
4. Stir in carrots and onion and fry gently for a few minutes until the vegetables soften; do not brown them.
5. Add the stock and season with salt and sugar.
6. Bring the soup to boil; cover and simmer gently for 1 hour.
7. Remove the pan from heat.
8. In an electric blender, puree the soup or pass through a metal sieve.
9. Stir in orange juice and the cream.
10. Cool, cover and chill in the refrigerator for several hours.
11. Garnish with chopped chives.
12. Serve chilled.
Calories 276 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27 mg9%
Sodium 350.9 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.6%
Sugars 27.2 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 520.5% Vitamin C 169.2%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet