Iced Carrot and Orange Soup
|New carrots||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (Scant 1 Liter)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oranges||4 , juice extracted|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Or As Required)|
1. Scrape carrots and cut into thin slices.
2. Peel onion and slice thinly.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter.
4. Stir in carrots and onion and fry gently for a few minutes until the vegetables soften; do not brown them.
5. Add the stock and season with salt and sugar.
6. Bring the soup to boil; cover and simmer gently for 1 hour.
7. Remove the pan from heat.
8. In an electric blender, puree the soup or pass through a metal sieve.
9. Stir in orange juice and the cream.
10. Cool, cover and chill in the refrigerator for several hours.
11. Garnish with chopped chives.
12. Serve chilled.