Hot Leek Soup
|Leeks||2 Pound (4 Large Ones Or 1 Kilograms)|
|Large potatoes||1⁄2 Pound (225 Grams)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (Scant 1 Liter)|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Single cream||3 Tablespoon|
1. Cut and discard the green tops and white base of leeks.
2. Lengthwise Cut the leeks through its centre and wash well in cold water.
3. Finely Shred the leeks.
4. Peel potatoes and cut into large dice.
5. in a saucepan, Melt the butter and stir in leeks and potatoes; cover and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes to allow the vegetables to soften; do not color.
6. Add the stock; stir and heat until the mixture boils.
7. Cover and let it simmer gently for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are quite soft.
8. in an electric blender, puree the mixture or pass the vegetables and liquid through a sieve; half at a time.
9. Return the soup to the pan and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
10. Just before serving, stir in the cream.