Herby Vegetable Soup
|Small mushrooms||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), quartered|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Zucchini||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Enriched all purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
1) Take a 1 1/2-quart saucepan and mix together mushrooms, celery, carrot, zucchini, onion, and broth mix in it.
2) Pour in water and tomato juice and allow it to come to a boil.
3) Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes.
4) Take a small skillet and heat margarine in it until bubbly.
5) Mix in flour and cook the mixture for 3 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly.
6) Take it off from heat.
7) Measure 1/2 cup liquid from cooked vegetables and mix it slowly with the flour mixture, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
8) To the remaining soup in saucepan, add the flour mixture and then mix in thyme and pepper.
9) Allow the mixture to simmer for 15 more minutes.
10) Ladle in soup bowls and serve hot.