Quick Pea Soup with Shrimp
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Potato||6 Ounce, sliced, pared (All Purpose Variety)|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Frozen)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Italian flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Instant chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Seasoning mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Packet, Instant)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm) (Small Cloves)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Small shrimp||5 Ounce, shelled and de-veined, cut lengthwise into halves|
|Sour cream||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Parsley sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
1. Take a 2-quart saucepan and add in it water and potato, place it on medium heat and bring the mix into boiling point.
2. Add rest all ingredients into the mix, except shrimp, sour cream, and garnishing items. Continue cooking until potato turns soft in texture. It should take around 15 minutes time for the entire process. Remove the saucepan from heat and let it get cooled slightly.
3. Take a blender and pour the mix into its processing container at low speed until all the ingredients turn into puree.
4. Now transfer the soup again in the saucepan.
5. Add shrimp into the soup and cook until the color of the shrimps become pinkish. It should take 3-4 minutes time.
6. Take 4 soup bowls and distribute the prepared soup in these.
7. Add topping with 1-teaspoon sour cream in each of the bowls.
8. Finally, before serve garnish the soup with parsley.