Ribollita Bean, Bread, And Tomato Soup
|Dried cranberry beans/White / pinto / red kidney beans/ 2 cups canned beans, drained and rinsed||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed, and soaked for 8 hours|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cored, seeded, and diced|
|Green cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs), julienned (1/4 Head)|
|Dandelion greens/Spinach||1 , roughly chopped, washed, and drained|
|Fresh basil||1 Cup (16 tbs), snipped|
|Crusty bread||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (Crusty)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||28 Ounce, drained and roughly chopped (1 Can)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, scrubbed and diced|
|Celery ribs||2 , diced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot chicken stock||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Spanish onion||1 , peeled and diced|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For Dressing)|
1) Pre-heat the oven setting the temperature to 350Â°F.
2) Take a pot and add the dried beans to it, adding water.
3) Heat until water starts boiling thereafter reduce heat and simmer until beans become soft.
4) Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a Dutch oven and heat it on low flame.
5) Saute the garlic in it until it releases the fragrance.
6) Add the onion and sautÃ© it until it turns tender.
7) Add the carrots, celery, cabbage heads and red bell peppers along with a sprinkling of salt and steam-saute them for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
8) Remove it from the heat and add the greens(either spinach or dandelion greens) along with the basil and reserved beans with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
9) Take an oven proof casserole and spread the mixture on the bottom adding a layer of bread.
10) Take a bowl and mix the chicken stock with the tomatoes.
11) Pour the liquid mixture over the vegetable and bread layers.
12) Place it in the pre-heated over and bake with cover on for 20 minutes.
13) Remove the lid and bake for further 15 minutes.
14) Serve in individual soup bowl after drizzling with extra virgin oil.