Cream Of Celery Soup
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery with greens||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1) In a large soup pot add enough oil to cover bottom.
2) Heat until hot.
3) Stir in celery and cook until warm.
4) Stir in rice and cook for one minute.
5) Pour broth and water. Cook until rice is done.
6) Add salt and pepper to taste.
7) Let stand at room temperature until set.
8) Add to a blender and puree the mixture.
9) Serve immediately.
Calories 241 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1102.5 mg45.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet