Herbed Black Bean Soup
|Black beans||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 , stuck with 2 cloves|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped (For Garnish)|
1) Soak black beans for about 12 hours in water to cover.
2) To the same water add onion stuck with cloves, bay leaf and parsley.
3) Now allow water to a boil and cook beans until soft.
4) Cook onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender.
5) Add the above to the beans along with the remaining ingredients and cook until the mixture slightly thickens.
6) Ladle in dry sherry and serve with finely chopped, raw onion scattered on top. (If a smooth soup is desired, puree in a blender.)