Split Pea Soup
|Dried green split peas||1 Pound, rinsed|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1. In a large microwaveable casserole dish, combine att the ingredients and give a good stir.
2. Pour in about 6 cups of hot water.
3. Cover with a lid or with plastic wrap and place dish in the microwave.
4. Microwave at HIGH for about 45 minutes, stirring occassionally, until peas are soft.
5. Add more water if required while cooking.
6. Ladle the hot soup into soup bowls and enjoy piping hot with crusty bread
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.3 mg5.4%
Sodium 471.7 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 20.1 g80.3%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 20 g39.8%
Vitamin A 36.8% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet