Garden Vegetable Tofu Soup
|Carrots||1 Pound, peeled|
|Celery||1 Pound (Including Leaves)|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, scrubbed|
|Green beans||8 Ounce, cut into 2 inch lengths|
|Cabbage head||1 Small|
|Parsley sprigs/One 16 ounce can tomatoes||3|
|Vegetable seasoning||2 Tablespoon (Spike Or To Taste)|
|Brown sugar||1 Pinch|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Pearl barley||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Tofu||22 Ounce, drained, cut into 1-inch cubes (1 Block)|
1) In a food processor bowl with a slicing disc, process the onion until sliced.
2) In a large pot or 6-quart pressure cooker, saute the onion slices in the heated oil over a medium-high heat until transparent, but not browned.
3) Process the carrots, celery and zucchini until sliced and
stir into the pot.
4) Stir in the green beans.
5) Process the cabbage until sliced, remove from the bowl and keep aside.
6) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the tomatoes, until coarsely chopped.
7) Stir into the pot along with the Spike seasoning, brown sugar, bay leaf, soy sauce, pearl barley and water.
8) Cook at 15 pounds of pressure 10 minutes and cool the cooker immediately. Uncover and gently stir in tofu cubes.
9) Alternately, cook the soup in a pot over the range for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
Add the tofu cubes during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
10) Place some cabbage in soup bowls, ladle over hot soup and serve immediately.