|Dry lentils||3 Cup (48 tbs), rinsed|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Quart|
|Vegetable bouillon cubes||2|
|Vegit seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||3 Medium, peeled|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large pot, add the lentils, water, bouillon cubes and Vegit seasoning together and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the lentils are tender.
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onions, until chopped medium-fine.
3) In a food processor bowl with a slicing disc, process the celery and carrots until sliced.
4) In a skillet, saute the onions, celery and carrots in the oil over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until tender.
5) Stir into the lentils and cook for 30-45 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
6) Stir in the tomato sauce, molasses, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
7) Laddle into soup bowls and serve immediately.
Calories 528 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 539.2 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 33.7 g134.8%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 28 g55.2%
Vitamin A 108% Vitamin C 42.2%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 45.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet