Cold Sour Cherry Soup
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Cold)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cherries/Drained canned sour cherries||4 Cup (64 tbs), pitted|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chilled|
|Dry red wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chilled|
1) Take a 2-quart saucepan and mix together water, sugar and cinnamon stick in it.
2) Allow the mixture to come to a boil and stir in cherries.
3) Simmer the mixture, covering partially for 35 to 40 minutes over low heat if the cherries are fresh or 10 minutes if they are canned.
4) Take off the cinnamon stick.
5) Make a paste by mixing arrowroot and 2 tablespoons of cold water and then beat this into the cherry soup.
6) Stir continuously and allow the soup to come to almost to a boil.
7) Lower the heat and simmer the soup for about 2 minutes until it is clear and slightly thickened.
8) Ladle in a shallow glass or stainless-steel bowl and keep in refrigerator until chilled.
9) If desired, chill soup bowls and serve the soups in them, topping them with cream and wine.