Cream of Pumpkin Soup
|Yellow onions||1⁄2 Pound|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Pound|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a 6-quart Dutch oven, heat butter or margarine, saute onion, stirring occasionally for10 minutes, or until tender.
3) Remove Dutch oven from heat.
4) Stir flour into onion; gradually add chicken broth.
5) Let the liquid boils; lower the heat; cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
6) Into an electric blender, ladle the mixture.
7) Cover the container and blend, at high speed for one minute, or until completely smooth.
8) Return to Dutch oven; with a wire whisk, blend in pumpkin smoothly.
9) Add milk, cream, 2 cups water, and the seasonings; beat with wire whisk to blend.
10) Heat soup slowly over medium heat just to boiling; lower the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11) Serve the hot pumpkin soup with some bread.
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.6%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.9 mg16.3%
Sodium 568.7 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 185.6% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet