Lentil And Vegetable Soup
|Dry lentils||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked overnight in water, drained|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||2 , diced|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Carrot||1 , peeled, sliced thin|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced (With Tops)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled (1 Can)|
|Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
1. In a slow-cooking pot or crock pot, combine all the ingredients.
2. Give a good stir to mix well.
3. Cover pot with its lid
4. Allow the beans and vegetables to cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or if you have ample time and are in not hurry, cook on low for 8 to 10 hours
5. Ladle the lentils and vegetables into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
6. Serve the soup hot with crusty bread or rice if you like.