Lentil And Vegetable Soup
|Dry lentils||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked overnight in water, drained|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||2 , diced|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Carrot||1 , peeled, sliced thin|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced (With Tops)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled (1 Can)|
|Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
1. In a slow-cooking pot or crock pot, combine all the ingredients.
2. Give a good stir to mix well.
3. Cover pot with its lid
4. Allow the beans and vegetables to cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or if you have ample time and are in not hurry, cook on low for 8 to 10 hours
5. Ladle the lentils and vegetables into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
6. Serve the soup hot with crusty bread or rice if you like.
Calories 276 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.57 mg0.19%
Sodium 781.4 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.2 g89%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 46.8% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 34.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet