Crab And Corn Soup
|Creamed corn||15 Ounce|
|Canned creamed corn||15 Ounce|
|Canned white crabmeat||8 Ounce|
|Chicken or fish stock||1⁄2 Pint|
|Fish stock/Chicken/vegetable||2 1⁄2 Pint (Well Flavored)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, freshly chopped|
1. In a large stock pot or a saucepan, combine the first 6 ingredients and give a good stir to mix well.
2. Place pan on a medium heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 10 minutes until piping hot.
4. In the meantime, place egg whites in a clean dry bowl and whisk until frothy, making soft peaks.
5. Gradually add the stiff egg whites to the soup while stirring constantly.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning.
7. Ladle the hot soup into warmed soup bowls.
8. Garnish with chopped scallions.
9. Serve at once.