Cream Of Asparagus Soup
|Asparagus spears/2 tins whole asparagus spears||1 Pound|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Onion||1 , peeled, chopped|
|Celery stick||1 , sliced|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|White wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
1) Using a knife, cut the heads off the asparagus.
2) In a pan add lightly salted water and simmer them for a few minutes in it. Drain and cool under cold running water. Keep them aside.
3) Using a vegetable scraper, scrape the asparagus stalks.
4) In a pan, heat oil and butter. Sauté the onion and celery in it.
5) Pour in stock, wine and lemon juice. Allow it to come to the boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
6) Remove from heat and cool slightly. Put in a liquidizer and make a very smooth puree.
7) Add salt and pepper to season.
8) Put in the asparagus tips and stir with cream when about to serve.
9) Heat lightly.
10) Serve warm or serve chilled in bowls.
In the case of canned asparagus - drain the asparagus and reserve half the liquid.
Using a knife, cut off the tips and keep to one side, chop the stalks. Keep them in a pan with the onion, celery, stock, wine, asparagus liquid and lemon juice. Follow rest of the process as it is.