Czech Beer Soup Pivni Polevka
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can Or Bottle)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Half and half/Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, combine beer, water, sugar, butter and salt.
2. Place the pan on a very low flame and heat the liquid without letting it boil or simmer.
3. Whisk the egg yolks until thick and pale then blend in the cream.
4. Add a little of the hot liquid to this and stir to mix well.
5. While whisking constantly, add the egg-cream mixture to the hot liquid in the saucepan.
6. Cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
7. Ladle the soup into warm soup bowls or cups and serve piping hot.
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.5 mg24.8%
Sodium 94 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 0.91%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet