Christmas Red Pepper Soup
|Red bell peppers||3 , halved|
|Red bell peppers||3 , halved lengthwise and roasted|
|Red bell peppers||3|
|Red bell peppers||3 , stemmed, seeded, and diced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slivers|
|Onion||2 Medium, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slivers|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Vegetable broth/Homemade chicken broth, defatted||6 Cup (96 tbs), made|
|Vegetable broth/Homemade chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs), defatted|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn tortillas strip||4 , cut into 2 x 1/2-inch strips (7 Inch Diameter)|
|Avocado||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Avocado cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
1. Dice roasted bell peppers into 1-inch pieces and keep aside.
2. In a heavy soup pot, heat olive oil over low heat.
3. Add onions and diced raw red pepper.
4. Stir and cook for about 15 minutes until the onions are wilted.
5. Add the diced roasted peppers, cinnamon, and cayenne; mix well.
6. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil.
7. Simmer over medium-low heat for 25 minutes; stir occasionally.
8. Add orange juice and simmer for another 5 minutes.
9. Let the soup cool down to room temperature.
10. In a food processor or blender, puree the soup in batches until smooth.
11. Pour the soup back into the pot.
12. In a large nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
13. Add 1 quarter tortilla strips and fry for 1 minute.
14. Shake the pan for cooking evenly.
15. Transfer the strips onto paper towels for draining.
16. Repeat with same process for frying the remaining tortilla strips.
17. Gently heat the soup through.
18. Pour soup in bowls.
19. Top with 1 to 2 tablespoons of avocado cream.
20. Sprinkle few tortilla strips.
21. Garnish with chopped parsley.