Bean And Potato Soup
|Red beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Red Preferred)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 , peeled, diced|
|Onions||2 , peeled, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, minced|
|Canned tomato paste||8 Ounce|
|Beef bouillon cubes||3|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
1. Place the beans in a large bowl and cover with water. Let them soak overnight.
2. Tip the soaked beans along with water into a slow cooker or crock pot.
3. Close pot tightly with its lid.
4. Allow the beans to cook and soften on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or on LOW for 4 to 6 hours if you are preparing the soup for supper.
5. Once beans are tender, add the vegetables, garlic, tomato paste, bouillon cubes, pork and seasonings to the pot. Give a good stir.
6. Cover again and let cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
7. Ladle the beans and vegetables soup into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
8. Serve the soup hot with crusty bread, or rice if you like.