Cheese And Vegetable Soup With Beer
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can Or Bottle)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, shredded to make 2 cups|
|Minced parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
1. In a saucepan, combine the vegetables and 2 cup stock.
2. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Take pan off the heat.
3. In a large saucepan or stock pot, melt butter on a low flame.
4. Blend in flour until it makes a smooth paste (roux).
5. Gradually add remaining stock, stirring vigorously until well blended with the roux.
6. Blend in milk, beer and vegetables with cooking liquid.
7. Simmer soup, stirring constantly, until slightly thick.
8. Just before serving, add cheese, parsley and seasoning according to taste.
9. Reheat, stirring until cheese melts.
10. Ladle soup into warm soup bowls or cups and garnish with cheese crostini on top of each serving. .
11. Serve piping hot.