|Chuck||2 Pound, coarsely ground, browned and drained|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery ribs||4 , chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||29 Ounce, diced (Two 14 1/2 Ounce Cans)|
|Mixed vegetables||10 Ounce, frozen (Package)|
|Beef based granules/5 beef bouillon cubes||5 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In slow cooker combine chuck, water, onion, celery, carrots, tomatoes, mixed vegetables, beef granules, and pepper.
2. With cover cook on Low for 8-12 hours or High 4-6 hours.
3. One hour before serving, turn to High.
4. Make a paste of melted butter and flour and stir such that smooth.
5. Into slow cooker pour and stir such that well blended.
6. Add salt and with cover continue cooking on High such that thickened.
7. Serve as desired.
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.5%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.6 mg35.2%
Sodium 3090.1 mg128.8%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 24 g47.2%
Vitamin A 33.1% Vitamin C 23.6%
Calcium 7% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet