Fresh Spinach Soup
|Spinach leaves||2 Pound|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Thoroughly wash and drain the spinach leaves.
2) In a thick-bottomed saucepan, put the spinach with butter.
3) Simmer the spinach gently, by constant stirring, until soft and tender.
4) In an electric blender, place the spinach to make a puree.
5) Season the spinach with salt and pepper, according to taste.
6) In a bowl, combine cream and chicken stock.
7) Pour in spinach puree and heat through.
8) Serve the soup immediately.