Mushroom and Chive Soup
|Vegetable stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Dried mushrooms||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Shallots/Small onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 , chopped|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, trimmed|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Low fat sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a small saucepan, add 1 cup stock.
2. Bring the stock to a boil.
3. Remove the stock from the heat and add porcini mushrooms if using.
4. Allow the mushrooms to stand in the hot stock for at least 10 minutes to soften.
5. Drain the stock and keep aside.
6. Chop the softened mushrooms.
7. In a saucepan, heat oil over moderate heat.
8. Add the shallots and celery.
9. Cook the vegetables for about 4 minutes, until softened and golden.
10. Stir in all the mushrooms, including the chopped porcini mushrooms, if using the latter.
11. Cook about 5 minutes.
12. Now add the remaining stock and the stock used to soak the mushrooms.
13. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are very soft.
14. Stir in the chives, salt, and pepper.
15. Simmer for 3 minutes more.
16. Serve in soup bowls, with a little sour cream on each portion.