|Artichokes/2 tins artichokes||1 1⁄2 Pound (700 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Potatoes||2 Small, sliced|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Cider||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
1) Clean the artichokes well
2) In a pan, parboil the artichokes in water.
3) Remove the skins and and simmer in milk with bacon till done.
4) In a saucepan, melt butter. Lightly sauté the onions and garlic.
5) Put in the sliced potato, and add stock and cider. Allow it to come to a boil and cook for 30 minutes.
6) Put in the artichokes, milk and bacon. Simmer for a few minutes and remove from heat.
7) Puree it in a blender and liquidize
8) Transfer back to the saucepan and reheat with cream.
9) Season to your liking. Add a little chervil for some flavor and serve hot.