|Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chestnuts||1⁄2 Pound, shelled, roasted (24 Nuts)|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Marsala/Sherry /chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Heat oil in a large pot.
2. Add onion, parsley and carrot and saute.
3. Mix in broth along with bay leaf, sugar, marjoram, chestnuts and basil.
4. Allow the mixture to simmer for 25 minutes to allow chestnuts to turn tender.
5. Take off from heat and discard bay leaf.
6. Use blender or food processor, add the mixture and blend to puree.
7. Transfer back to pot and mix in evaporated milk.
8. Allow mixture to come to boil.
9. Add sherry or chicken broth or marsala.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. Serve cold or hot.