|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for about 1 cup|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced for about 2 teaspoons|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||3 , chopped for about 1 1/4 cups|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped for about 2/3 cup|
|Dried lentils||6 Ounce, picked over and rinsed (1 Cup)|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken broth /canned reduced-sodium chicken broth /water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Peeled chopped tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon (Add With The Stock)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, add with the tomatoes|
|Chopped fresh dill||1 Tablespoon (Add At The End)|
1) In a large saucepan heat oil and cook onion and garlic over low heat for 5 minutes till softened.
2) Put carrots, celery, lentils, and broth.
3) Boil the soup and simmer for 30 minutes.
4) Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste.
5) Simmer for 10 minutes till lentils are tender.
6) Serve hot.