Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup
|Beef stew meat||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Carrots||2 Medium, sliced for 1 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned condensed beef consomme||21 Ounce (2 Cans, 10.5 Oz Each)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pearled barley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked (Medium Sized)|
|Bay leaves||2 , dried|
|Frozen sweet peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Baby, From 1-Lb Bag)|
1. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix the beef stew meat, the carrots, onion, mushrooms, condensed beef consommé, water, bay leaves and pearl barley.
2. Cover the dish and cook on low heat for 8-9 hours or till the beef is tender
3. Ten minutes before serving, add in the peas and raise the heat to high.
4. Cover the pot and simmer till the peas are cooked through
5. Remove the bay leaves before serving
6. Serve hot with steamed rice