Carrot And Orange Soup
|Carrots||12 Ounce, peeled and sliced (350 Gram)|
|Oranges||2 Large, juiced (Reserve Thinly Pared Rind Of 1 Orange)|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram, Plus A Little Oil)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (900 Milliliter)|
|White wine||3 Tablespoon|
1) Heat a pan and melt butter and oil. Put in the carrot and onion
2) Close with lid and let the vegetables 'water'. This will take about 5 minutes.
3) Add stock and wine, bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
4) Close with lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Remove from heat. Strain through a sieve or liquidize.
6) Pour in orange juice and mix well.
7) Return to the pan and season to taste.
8) Before serving, reheat gently. Do not boil.
9) In a saucepan, heat water. Using a knife to cut the orange rinds into thin stripes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
10) Remove from heat and drain well. Sprinkle over the soup.
11) Serve the soup hot in bowls with a dollop of cream on each.