Very Basic Cream Of Broccoli Soup
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen broccoli||10 Ounce, chopped , thawed (1 Package)|
1) In a large glass bowl, cook the butter and onion in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
2) Blend in the flour, then gradually stir in the broth, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg, until smooth.
3) Cook in the microwave for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, .
4) In a food processor or blender, process the broccoli until smooth.
5) Return to the bowl and cook in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once.
6) Serve immediately in individual serving bowls
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.7 mg19.9%
Sodium 583.9 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 55.2% Vitamin C 108.9%
Calcium 17% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet