Very Basic Cream Of Broccoli Soup
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen broccoli||10 Ounce, chopped , thawed (1 Package)|
1) In a large glass bowl, cook the butter and onion in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
2) Blend in the flour, then gradually stir in the broth, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg, until smooth.
3) Cook in the microwave for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, .
4) In a food processor or blender, process the broccoli until smooth.
5) Return to the bowl and cook in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once.
6) Serve immediately in individual serving bowls