Rich Tomato Soup
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Streaky bacon rashers||4 , de-rinded and chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Celery stick||2 , sliced|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (900 Milliliter)|
|Red wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Ripe tomatoes/2 tins chopped tomatoes||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Freshly chopped parsley||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Lightly whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Heat a pan, melt the butter and oil. Put in the onion, garlic, bacon and celery. Sauté until soft but do not brown.
2) Pour in stock, wine, and then add sugar, tomatoes, tomato puree, seasoning and parsley.
3) Let it come to a boil. Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
4) In a liquidizer, puree it and strain through a sieve.
5) In a bowl, add flour into the melted butter. Whisk. Pour it into the soup. Stir briskly until it boils and thickens.
6) Make swirls of cream and sprinkle with chopped parsley.