Red Pepper Soup
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Red onion/White onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (900 Milliliter)|
|Red peppers||3 , deseeded and finely diced|
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce, chopped (227 Gram, Tinned)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce, melted (25 Gram)|
|Fresh chives||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1) Heat a pan, melt the butter and oil. Put in the onion and garlic, sauté until soft but do not brown it.
2) Pour in the stock, sherry, and add peppers, tomatoes, sugar and parsley.
3) In a bowl, add flour into the melted butter. Whisk. Pour it into the soup. Stir briskly until it boils.
4) Simmer the soup for 5 minutes and take away from heat.
5) You may puree it in a liquidizer for a smooth soup.
6) Garnish with chives and serve hot.