|Jerusalem artichokes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Rich chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 Large, peeled and quartered|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grated (As Required)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, pour in cold water.
2) Place the artichokes and gradually bring to a boil.
3) Drain the water and place the artichoke under running cold water to cool, before peeling off.
4) In the saucepan, pour in chicken stock.
5) Place artichoke, potatoes and onion. Bring the liquid to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
6) In an electric blender, add the vegetables and puree by adding stock.
7) Sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg to season.
8) In a bowl, add egg yolk and cream to beat well.
9) Stir the egg mixture into soup.
10) Heat up the soup by constant stirring just until the soup starts to boil.
11) To serve, top with a swirl of cream sprinkled with cayenne and garnish with slices of lemon.