Creamy Tomato Soup
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for about 1 cup|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced to make about 2 teaspoons|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned whole plum tomatoes||28 Ounce, chopped, reserving the juice (1 Can)|
|Canned tomato puree||29 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Baking potato||1 Large, peeled and cubed|
|Chicken broth/Canned reduced-sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|1% milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh herbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Such As Basil, Dill, Tarragon, Or Chives, For Garnish)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish, Optional)|
1) In a large saucepan heat oil, cook onion and the garlic over moderate heat for 5 minutes till softened.
2) Add tomatoes along with juice, tomato puree, potato and chicken broth. Simmer covered for 30 minutes till potatoes are tender.
3) Pour the mixture in blender or food processor and puree in batches. Transfer it on the soup to a cleaned pan.
4) Mix milk, salt and pepper to taste. Heat soup over moderately till hot.
5) Garnish with herbs and the yogurt.