Chicken Noodle Soup
|Chicken carcass||1 , broken into parts|
|Carrot||1 , peeled, chopped|
|Onion||1 , peeled, chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Dried parsley||1 Tablespoon, tied in a cheesecloth bag|
|Cooked noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot add the chicken pieces and vegetables, sprinkle the seasonings and herbs, add the spice bag and pour the water on top.
2. Close pot tightly with its lid.
3. Allow the chicken to cook on HIGH for 2 ½ to 3 hours, or on LOW for 5 to 6 hours if you are preparing the soup for supper.
4. Once chicken is tender, using a slotted spoon remove the chicken pieces to a platter and remove and discard spice bag.
5. When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred the meat off the bones.
6. Return shredded chicken and noodles to the pot.
7. Cover again and let cook on HIGH for 20 minutes.
8. Ladle the broth with meat, vegetables and noodles into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
9. Serve the soup hot.
Substitue chicken with turkey if you like.