|Potatoes||6 Medium, peeled, cut in large cubes|
|Leeks||2 , washed, cut into large cubes|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Carrot||1 , peeled, sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||4|
|Parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned evaporated milk||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a slow-cooking pot or a crock pot, combine all the ingredients except the milk and chives. Give a good stir to blend all the ingredients.
2. Cover the pot tightly with its lid.
3. Allow the soup to cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours.
4. Add the milk to the soup about an hour before end of cooking time
5. Remove the potatoes using a slotted spoon to a large bowl and use a potato masher to puree the potatoes.
6. Return the mashed potatoes to the soup and stir well to blend.
7. Serve this soup hot or cold in soup bowls or cups.
8. Garnish the soup with chopped chives.