Cream Of Roast Vegetable Soup
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Rosemary needles||3 , snipped into small pieces|
|Red peppers||2 , halved and de-seeded|
|Green peppers||1 , halved and de-seeded|
|Courgettes||2 Small, cut into thick, slices|
|Flat mushrooms||2 Large, peeled and quartered|
|Onion||1 , peeled and quartered|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Red split lentils||2 Ounce, rinsed (50 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (900 Ml)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Pint (125 Ml)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5.
2) In a large bowl, mix melted butter, oil and rosemary together
3) Put the cut vegetables into this butter mixture, and then line them on a roasting tin.
4) Add salt and pepper and season.
5) In the oven, keep the tin and roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
6) In a large saucepan, put in the lentils and stock. Let it come to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
7) Take away roasted vegetables from the oven.
8) Take a plastic bag and put in the peppers and tie loosely. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin.
9) Put all the vegetables into the lentil-stock mixture. Allow it to come to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
10) Remove from heat and let it cool a bit. In a liquidizer, puree it.
11) Pour the puree back into the pan and stir in the cream.
12) Reheat gently but take care not to let it boil.
13) Serve hot.