Soups Creamy Carrot Soup
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for about 1 cup|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced to make about 1 to 2 teaspoons|
|Unsalted butter/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth/Canned reduced-sodium chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Carrots||6 , thinly sliced|
|Parsnips||2 , thinly sliced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste/1/4 cup 1/2-v8 juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||4 Drop|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Needed)|
1) In a saucepan heat oil, cook onion and the garlic moderately over low heat for 5 minutes till onions are softened.
2) Stir in broth, carrots, parsnips, and thyme. Boil the mixture and simmer for 30 minutes till vegetables are cooked.
3) Pour mixture into a blender or food processor in batches, and puree until smooth.
4) Mix remaining ingredients, salt and pepper. Add enough water to get desired consistency and mix the mixture.
5) Serve warm or cold.
6) Garnish with the dill and lemon slices.