Soups Creamy Carrot Soup
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for about 1 cup|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced to make about 1 to 2 teaspoons|
|Unsalted butter/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth/Canned reduced-sodium chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Carrots||6 , thinly sliced|
|Parsnips||2 , thinly sliced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste/1/4 cup 1/2-v8 juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||4 Drop|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Needed)|
1) In a saucepan heat oil, cook onion and the garlic moderately over low heat for 5 minutes till onions are softened.
2) Stir in broth, carrots, parsnips, and thyme. Boil the mixture and simmer for 30 minutes till vegetables are cooked.
3) Pour mixture into a blender or food processor in batches, and puree until smooth.
4) Mix remaining ingredients, salt and pepper. Add enough water to get desired consistency and mix the mixture.
5) Serve warm or cold.
6) Garnish with the dill and lemon slices.
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.4 mg3.8%
Sodium 1273.1 mg53%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.8%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 617.4% Vitamin C 74.3%
Calcium 17% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet