2. Rub the beets with olive oil(1 teaspoon) and wrap in foil. Bake at 350F for 60 minutes.
3. In a sauce pan, heat olive oil (1 1/2 Tablespoon), add vegetable and the red onion, cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the vegetables turn soft, stir occasionally.
4. Using a paper towel, rub out the skin of the beet, trim the root part and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
5. To the saucepan, add beet and the herbs. Pour in the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 30 minutes.
6. Discard the herbs. In a blender, pour in the mixture, blend until smooth and silky. While blending, slowly add in the cream. Transfer to a pan, season with salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with some whipped cream mixed with sour cream, serve.
A gorgeous looking soup, a super tasty appetizer !!! This video illustrates how to prepare a rich and thick soup from roasted beet and aromatic vegetables. A gorgeous, healthy, and very tasty soup that's so simple to make. The rich flavor from roasting the beets and combining with the other vegetables gives a rich flavor to this creamy and pretty soup. Being red in color...one know which is the best occasion to serve this dish.