Mulligatawny Soup Curry Soup
|Hot curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Cooking apple||1 Small, cored and diced|
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Lime juice/Pineapple juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple juice/Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine/Lime juice||1 Dash|
1) In a saucepan, sauté onion. Add in the curry powder, tomato puree and rice. Stir.
2) Pour in stock and let it come to a boil. Put in the apple.
3) When rice is soft and done, remover from heat.
4) In a liquidizer, puree the soup.
5) Pour back to the pan and add in lime or pineapple juice.
6) Add a little bit more stock if the mixture is thick.
7) Finally, just before serving, add cream and stir for a couple of minutes.
8) Serve the soup hot in soup bowls.