Mulligatawny Soup Curry Soup
|Hot curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Cooking apple||1 Small, cored and diced|
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Lime juice/Pineapple juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple juice/Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine/Lime juice||1 Dash|
1) In a saucepan, sauté onion. Add in the curry powder, tomato puree and rice. Stir.
2) Pour in stock and let it come to a boil. Put in the apple.
3) When rice is soft and done, remover from heat.
4) In a liquidizer, puree the soup.
5) Pour back to the pan and add in lime or pineapple juice.
6) Add a little bit more stock if the mixture is thick.
7) Finally, just before serving, add cream and stir for a couple of minutes.
8) Serve the soup hot in soup bowls.
Calories 296 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg1.2%
Sodium 183.2 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 23.8%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet