Vegetable Soup Kelly
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salami||1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|Condensed green pea soup||11 1⁄4 Ounce, condensed (1 Can)|
|Canned chickpeas||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Chili sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed italian herbs||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, cover celery with water.
2. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or just until celery is tender-crisp.
3. Add the remaining ingredients for soup to the pan and give a good stir.
4. Bring liquid to a boil, stirring and crushing bouillon cube with spoon.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until piping hot and flavors have blended.
6. Ladle soup into warm soup bowls or cups.
7. Garnish with sliced salami and watercress, if desired.
8. Enjoy the soup piping hot accompanied with bread rolls or crust bread.