Roasted Pumpkin And Smoked Mussel Soup
|Pumpkin/Firm fleshed squash||1 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Leek||1 , finely sliced|
|Celery stick||2 , trimmed and sliced|
|Celery sticks||2 , trimmed and sliced|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||4|
|Fresh thyme sprig||4|
|Vegetable stock||1 3⁄4 Pint, well flavored|
|Smoked mussels||6 Ounce|
|Parsley sprigs||4 , freshly chopped|
|Fresh chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Slice the pumpkin 6 (2 inches thick) wedges and arrange in a roasting pan.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Roast in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until pumpkin is soft.
5. Scoop the pumpkin flesh into a bowl and keep aside.
6. Take a large saucepan and heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in it.
7. Add the remaining vegetables and sauté them until they are soft.
8. Add the powdered coriander and sauté another minute until the spice releases its flavor.
9. Tip in the pumpkin flesh along with herbs and stock. Give a good stir.
10. When stock comes to a boil, cover the pan and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes.
11. Pour the contents of the pan onto a liquidizer or food processor and blend into a smooth puree.
12. Return soup to a clean saucepan and stir in the milk.
13. Place on gentle heat and simmer.
14. Just before serving, add smoked mussels and season to taste.
15. Heat through for 2 minutes.
16. Ladle hot soup into warm soup dishes.
17. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.7 mg5.2%
Sodium 615.8 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 7 g15%
Vitamin A 251.9% Vitamin C 52.3%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet